Wednesday, February 6, 2008

ad presentations today .

So I did not get to see any presentations today since I was sick and came in late. I did not even get to see my own group’s presentation on video until today. After watching it, I really liked it. I am not saying that I enjoyed the video just because it was of my group, but because I think that it appeals to ethos, pathos, and logos.

I, along with the members of my group, knew that we had to come of with some product that would be pleasing to our classmates. We understood that our classmates are high school students just like us who are sleepy as heck when they come to class and with iBall they could look cool, stylish, “baller”, and sleep at the same time while appearing to be awake. Being tired high school students ourselves helped use appeal to pathos while presenting and coming up with our product.

Brittney’s funny sayings and gestures made me laugh. I thought that she put a big emphasis on the ethos in the video because she made people laugh and of course laughing has to do with emotion. The logos in the commercial was coming up with some type of statistic that could show some type of logic information. Another interesting part of the video was at the end when Maggie gave the information about where the products could be bought. I loved how she talked fast like real commercials do. She informed me that there was not even any speeding up in the dialogue, it was all her!

I would have loved to see the other commercials, however, I was not able to. Sucks! But hopefully, I can still see the commercials on video of the other products.

No comments: