Sunday, March 2, 2008

wright`s writing && gratification .

According the Oxford Dictionaries, to gratify means to give pleasure of satisfaction. Honestly, I believe that all writers feel gratified after sharing their writings. In addition, I think that Wright has this same feeling as all writers. Writers feel satisfied after being able to share memories and events that have occurred in their life with people they know and even people they do not even know and will never meet. Even if it hard to relate to their writing and events of their life, the writer still may feel good about the fact that someone is reading it and at least thinking about their life. Richard seems gratified just about the fact that he can write a piece of writing that is so significant to him.

I personally can admit that writing makes someone feel gratified and a little satisfied about a situation. There was a time, this year, that I had so many thoughts built up on my mind and so many things that I thought that I needed to get off my chest. I picked up a notebook and just started writing. I wrote down everything I was feeling, like I was basically talking to the paper. I got up to three full pages in a very limited amount of time. I was proud of myself just being able to write so many words and feelings down on this paper. I did not necessarily have to let someone read it to feel gratified. It is just a great feeling to let out all your thoughts when you write.

No comments: