Thursday, March 13, 2008

end of part ONE .

I truly believe that Richard has definitely set in motion a positive change at the end of Part I. I believe during this time the farther north that a black person would move, the better. At this point in the story, Richard is going to head to Chicago. He and Maggie are on their way to Chicago to go find the place for the four members of the family, who are Richard, his mother, his brother, and Aunt Maddie. Richard is going to be able to live a better life when he gets to Chicago, he hopes. Even though the north is not all “goody goody”, it is not as bad as the south. He will be able to have more freedom as an African American and be able to be treated better by the whites, however, there will stll be the ones who do not like the blacks. It will hopefully be a new start for Richard, of course not forgetting all he knows from the south, but being able to start off new as far as a job. I am hoping that Richard’s life in Chicago turns out to be what he hopes it to be.

1 comment:

JLK2009 said...

heyyyayyyy Esha.

First, thanks for commenting on my simple blogs. I like to just answer the question. I'm glad you agree. I also like your concise blogs, that not only answer the question, but answer it well.

Secondly, I like that you recognized that Richard doesn't think Chicago will fix all of his problems. He just knows it will be a little better. I think that a lot of people reading the book in class think that Richard thinks going to the North will fix everything, and agree with him. I'm glad you, like me, believe that he will face hardships in the North, and that Richard himself knows it.