Thursday, March 6, 2008

wright && refusing to say the speech .

I think that Wright is justified in refusing to say the speech that he wrote himself. I also think that the principal is making it seem like Wright is not good enough to say his own speech and it would basically embarrass him. The principal is trying to get Wright is say this speech already prepared for him to read and acceptable to the white people in the audience. The principal is also basically saying that Wright is not smart enough to come up with his own speech and it be good enough to be heard by the white people.

Wright’s own speech of course has his very own thoughts and feeling and his own thoughts of his experiences within his speech. However, he cannot be so proud of his work due to the fact that if it is perceived wrong by the audience, he can be punished for his work. I think this is truly upsetting because if I were to write my own speech and someone try to give me a pre-written speech to read, I would be kind of upset. My feelings would include being not so proud of my work because this person is basically shutting me down and telling me that my own works and the factual information I have from my own experiences is still not good enough.

No comments: