Wednesday, October 10, 2007

wednesday - second day of presentations [ my reaction ]

The presentation that I am going to react to is Nick Martin’s presentation about the Big Brother Big Sisters program. What I understood about the presentation is that the purpose is to provide support to those who don’t feel like they like worthy or that feel lonely. It allows them to receive support and tutoring services. I enjoyed the fact that Nick was an actual “little brother” in this organization and he had the credibility to tell us what exactly the organization does since he is a part of it. Two other things that I found interesting are that he quickly engaged the audience, well the class, by asking us two questions in the beginning of his presentation. The other is that he started with a quote.

I believe that is really important for students to be able to go to a place which they have someone to talk to and tell anything that they want to. With the program, they have “Big Brothers” and “Big Sisters” who support them. Overall, Good Job Nick, I found this organization interesting and I’m glad you enjoy being in the program !

No comments: