Thursday, November 29, 2007

inquiry contract progress -- #1

I think I am making a little bit of progress, but at the same time I do not think I am. I am still stuck on trying to figure out a topic for my contract. However, the one that has came to mind is abortion, which is a pretty hot topic now-a-days, especially with the excessive amount of teen pregnancies in this decade. I would be able to get an actual personal perspective of how the person felt mentally about the abortion procedure, which would make the contract a bit more interesting since I have a reason to ask them questions.

Even though I seem to have sort of a good plan, I can still picture myself bored, exhausted, overwhelmed, and frustrated while continuing the research from now to January. So, I am going to continue thinking about effective topics for my inquiry project while researching the abortion topic. I understand that our “why we chose the topic” two page paper is due Monday, therefore, I must have a topic by then.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Ieysha-

Abortion is a great topic. I understand the idea of being exhausted and overwhelmed with this project; it's definately going to take a lot of time and effort, but I believe in the end it'll be worth it. Think about it this way: you'll be getting a wealth of information on a topic you're interested in, and you'll have evidence to support yourself when and if it comes up in conversation. That may not seem like much, but by researching one topic for a long period of time, it will help all of us to better understand the world in which we live and what we can do to help it.

Elise Carter said...

I love that you are doing abortion! This is a fascinating topic, and at the same time it can be hard to write about because it is so controversial. I feel a little exhasted and overwhelmed at times, but don't worry, I am sure that once oyu get to writing abou this topic, it will get easier from there. My advice for this topic is to look at many opninions on this topic. That way, you are able to get this from all angles, and that can be very helpful. I agree with you Allie, if we do research, we do have a better understandimg for topics like this one.