Friday, April 4, 2008

childhood story .

There were many stories I read as a child, however, they were not stories like fairy tales. For some reason, I was not told many fairy tale stories. The story that I always think of when someone asks me about a children’s story I have read is “Amelia Bedelia”. I don’t know exactly why, but I always seem to think of the series of “Amelia Bedelia” books. The main one I think of is the story which Amelia is doing some many things, she is just doing whatever she wants basically. I do not remember the name of the story exactly. However, the value about my gender that I was taught from this story (now that I think about it at an older age) is that women can do anything they want as long as they put their mind to it. Many people get the impression that just being a women that we (women) can not handle certain things or complete certain tasks, but I think this story teaches that I can do whatever I want no matter what my gender is.

No comments: